Shocking question

wrocko

May 31, 2014
North Haven, CT
For my spa, if my CC stay at or below 0.5, do I really need to shock weekly? Is the thought that if you don't shock weekly, the CC will inevitably climb? Right now, my bather load is very low - 2 or 3 uses per week at <15m each (2 people). Also, if I shock it to a high FC and the chlorine demand is low, won't it take days for me to be able to use the spa w/o an undesirable chlorine presence?

I apologize if these are basic questions, I am still trying to get my bearings. One last one - assuming I have stable CH, TA, CYA, and pH levels, is CC really my key indicator for spa water quality?

Thanks.

No, you do not need to shock weekly, especially if you are using chlorine for your spa.

What method of disinfection are you using? Dichlor-then-bleach? Dichlor-only? Bromine tabs with bromide bank? Nature2 with MPS? Do you have an ozonator?

OK, then you should be in great shape and your CC should remain low though keep in mind that it will be high after you add chlorine right after your soak, but will drop within hours as it oxidizes bather waste. It should be low in time for your next soak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.