For my spa, if my CC stay at or below 0.5, do I really need to shock weekly? Is the thought that if you don't shock weekly, the CC will inevitably climb? Right now, my bather load is very low - 2 or 3 uses per week at <15m each (2 people). Also, if I shock it to a high FC and the chlorine demand is low, won't it take days for me to be able to use the spa w/o an undesirable chlorine presence?
I apologize if these are basic questions, I am still trying to get my bearings. One last one - assuming I have stable CH, TA, CYA, and pH levels, is CC really my key indicator for spa water quality?