Kids with blonde hair, now it's green. Fix?

Green hair comes from copper in the water. The first thing to do is figure out how the copper got in the water in the first place, as fill water almost never has any copper in it.

Copper comes from some kinds of algaecide, ionizers, "mineral" systems, and very low PH plus a gas heater.

Using sequestrant can help prevent copper in the water from turning hair green. But it is better long term to get rid of the copper, which may require water replacement.

The reason their hair turns green is because there is copper in the water. Its not from Chlorine which most people think.

Algaecide which contains copper in it is the most prevelent source of copper in the water. If you use algaecide with copper in it, stop. Some pool heaters also have copper pipes so that could be a contributor it too but to what effect, I dont have any experience with.

You might be able to use a copper sequestrant to help out, but its not a permenant fix. You would have to add sequestrant periodically to contain it.

Im afraid I dont have any experience with particular sequestrants, but others may chime in. The only real fix is water replacement and removal of the copper.

Its been sworn to by many beauticians and others, that shampooing the green hair with ketchup will remove the green. Might take a couple of shampoos to get it all.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/31984-A-quick-and-easy-fix-if-your-blonde-hair-turns-green

short term, you can use a metal sequestering product from the pool store. It will have to be replenished every so often.

I have no personal experience with which product works best so Im afraid I cant be of any help with that.

Problem Solved
amber-rose.jpg

Soaking the hair in tomato juice is a home remedy for getting the green out of blonde hair. Saturate the hair with tomato juice and let it sit about 5 minutes. Rinse and then wash as usual. Here are some other home remedies for green hair. It is the acid content in tomatoes, aspirin, and lemons that neutralize the copper and allow the green to be washed out. I would also use a conditioner after any of these treatments to protect the hair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.