Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using TFPC method, I feel like "is this it?"

1. Back To Top    #1

Using TFPC method, I feel like "is this it?"

Water has looked great, and with a solid understanding of how CYA and FC interact with each other, as well as pH and TA, etc, it has been so easy to keep chemicals in balance using the TF100 test kit. Granted, it takes daily vigilance, but nothing more than 5-10 minutes a day. So I feel like, "that's IT? that's all there is to pool care?"

Sometimes, in fact, I feel like I should be doing MORE!

Aside from my plaster problem (whole another thread), pool has not caused any drama. It has been a source of fun, with all the partying and having both adults and kids over for some splash time!

As soon as I get some extra funds, I will make a donation to this forum... I want it to be around forever!
    IG gunite pool size: 12,500 gallons - includes spa with spillover, Polaris vacuum cleaner, Ultrapure Ozonator, inline tab chlorinator that I no longer use
    Filter: Hayward Swimclear Model #4030, 4-Cartridge Filters
    Pump: Century, 2 HP with a Hayward 6060 booster pump
    Date of build: March-April 2014 *NEW* : Test kit: TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Using TFPC method, I feel like "is this it?"

Good post !
    You've found out how easy this can be. With the understanding of the water chemistry and using the right tool for testing your water, your pool chores are not chores anymore and have gotten a lot easier and faster.
    Your working smarter not harder ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Great Post!

Yup. Thats about it. Once you lean what your pool is telling you it needs just by looking at it, you wont even have to spend 10 minutes a day on it. To me, 10 minutes a day seems excessive!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm afraid so.

You can always fill your time fixing other people's pools by answering some questions here. You've obviously mastered testing and dosing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't forget to brush that rascal when ya' get bored!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Great Post!

Yup. Thats about it. Once you lean what your pool is telling you it needs just by looking at it, you wont even have to spend 10 minutes a day on it. To me, 10 minutes a day seems excessive!
    Hahaha! I have to admit that a good portion of those 10 minutes are usually spent on pacing around the pool, partly wondering whether I need to do more, and partly admiring my sparkling oasis!
    IG gunite pool size: 12,500 gallons - includes spa with spillover, Polaris vacuum cleaner, Ultrapure Ozonator, inline tab chlorinator that I no longer use
    Filter: Hayward Swimclear Model #4030, 4-Cartridge Filters
    Pump: Century, 2 HP with a Hayward 6060 booster pump
    Date of build: March-April 2014 *NEW* : Test kit: TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

I have to admit, I really only seem to need to brush my pool when I open and SLAM it. After that, as long as I keep FC in range, I never brush, and I haven't had algae or excessive chlorine consumption.
    8,000 gallon, in ground, fiberglass pool with a cartridge filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sometimes I wish there was more to it, also. I get bored, go outside and stare at it while it sparkles.
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Ditto.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html