Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain - Higher water level

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain - Higher water level

Hi all~

So we got some pretty good rain last night. This means extra water in the pool. At what point should I drain some off? The current water level is about an inch from overflowing the skimmer.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain - Higher water level

I usually wait and let it evaporate, but I'm in Florida. If I were you, I would observe how much rain comes back and how much it fills. If you can never maintain the water level halfway up the skimmer opening, you might want to consider draining (or splashing) some of the water out.

Check out how full my pool fills up!
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Thinkpad. I will let it ride for now. Since my cya was only 20 I don't want to drain it off.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, good idea regarding the CYA. I just noticed the part about an inch from overflowing the skimmer, yes that should evaporate.
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer