Installing Hayward Dyna Skimmer-Need Help to Stop Leaks

TimmyU

Jul 26, 2014
Bronson, Michigan
Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an old Thread. Posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

I installed my Hayward Dyna - Skimmer today but I have a couple of slow leaks on the outside of the Skimmer. Any help? If I use a silicone type of sealer do I have to drain the pool down again and start over?

My guess is you used a standard size #2 philips screwdriver and tightened them as tight as you could get them and the bit started slipping out and the screws were sounding like they were about to crack the skimmer.

Get a #3 philips screwdriver and tighten them one more time. There is a reason the engineers put the larger screws with the #3 philips head in them. The extra torque you get WILL finish setting the gasket

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.