Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing Hayward Dyna Skimmer-Need Help to Stop Leaks

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing Hayward Dyna Skimmer-Need Help to Stop Leaks

Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on an old Thread. Posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

I installed my Hayward Dyna - Skimmer today but I have a couple of slow leaks on the outside of the Skimmer. Any help? If I use a silicone type of sealer do I have to drain the pool down again and start over?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Installing Hayward Dyna Skimmer-Need Help to Stop Leaks

My guess is you used a standard size #2 philips screwdriver and tightened them as tight as you could get them and the bit started slipping out and the screws were sounding like they were about to crack the skimmer.

Get a #3 philips screwdriver and tighten them one more time. There is a reason the engineers put the larger screws with the #3 philips head in them. The extra torque you get WILL finish setting the gasket
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Installing Hayward Dyna Skimmer-Need Help to Stop Leaks

Thanks Mac. I'll try that and see if it seals it better.