Tear in automatic safety cover

adrob2

Jul 9, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
I've never owned a pool before, bought a house this year that had a pool installed in 2004. This website has been a great resource in helping take care of it so far, thank you! It is a Pacific Pools pool and automatic safety cover. One side has a rip or tear in the material that holds the cover into the track. I'm sure that it was there when I bought the house but I didn't catch it. I can't tell if it has gotten worse throughout the season. I started mainly keeping the pool covered when not in use, but having been using the cover less lately as I'm concerned that each cycle of on/off will increase the risk of lengthening the tear. Couple of questions:
1) Can something like this be repaired, or is a new cover going to be needed?
2) Does anyone know a ballpark cost for this?
3) Anyone in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area have a recommendation for a company to call and service it? The pool and cover were installed by a company called Aqua-Clear.

Thanks for your help, pics below.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.