Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MA Shock Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Iselin, NJ

MA Shock Question

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    But you did not use your robot in the pool at MA SLAM levels did you? He is going to SLAM to higher values and it's not recommended.

Casey, that's true, I forgot he was at MA SLAM levels...then again, that brings up a good question that would be handy for future reference (my apologies if this is answered somewhere else); I know it's safe to swim at SLAM levels relevant to your CYA, but what about MA SLAM levels? Is that way too high, or would it be ok for a short period of time?
    30K gal IG vinyl, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward C48L2N134B1 Self Priming Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide
    Central PA

Re: Brush the floor?

I believe they usually word it "up to" slam level. Meaning if you are at or above SLAM target, you probably shouldn't swim. Thought MA is done after you initially pass OCLT and you go to MA level for a day or two. But I could be wrong, I haven't had to use the process.....
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: MA Shock Question

Usually, MA SLAM levels are only held for 24 hours so swimming won't be delayed for long if you ever need to do it.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter