Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hose blow out

1. Back To Top    #1
    Russellville, AR

Hose blow out

While I'm Lowe's trying to figure out how to cobble together something so my standard-fitting vacuum hose will work with the Intex fittings, I get a phone call and my wife tells me that water is shooting out of the pump across the yard.

When I get home I can see water squirting out of the hose that connects the pump to the sand filter. I can only guess that while messing with the vacuum and the hoses I left the return valve closed and turned the pump on for some reason.

Anyway, after my temper tantrum for such a stupid mistake, I got on the web and ordered a replacement part. Then I used a plastic lid like an oar and got the water moving in a current around the pool. Then I shocked it.

Anything else I should do while the pool sits unfiltered for the next few days?
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Hose blow out

Other that keeping it stirred, and if the chem levels are good, let the kids help with stirring.

Tongue in cheek --- start buying the pipe and fittings to hard plumb?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Hose blow out

Ahhhh... stupid mistakes made by self. I hate those.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter