Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Possible dedicated pump for solar - anyone have experience?

1. Back To Top    #1

Possible dedicated pump for solar - anyone have experience?

I found this generic pump on eBay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4HP-39GPM-...item27ceb1731a ) and am considering it for my dedicated solar-panel system that currently has my original 635T pump struggling to push anything up the 8 feet to the roof. My super-heated water comes back at a trickle (I know this isn't nearly as efficient as the panels can be) and I have to just drop it down into the pool with a sump pump hose -- can't force the heated water back to the post-diverter valve main line that runs along the ground then up 4 feet to my pool.

I figure with this pump I could push the necessary amount of pool water through the panels to make them more efficient and possibly even add another 2'x20' next season. Has anyone taken a flier on one of these pumps and want to give me their assessment?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Possible dedicated pump for solar - anyone have experience?

What does your setup look like now? Many times you can have one pump do it all.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Possible dedicated pump for solar - anyone have experience?

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    What does your setup look like now? Many times you can have one pump do it all.
    Good question. I posted some pics and info in this thread: ( http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...Summer-of-Mods! ) Basically, my Hayward would have to run another 18 feet to the elevation of the roof, then back down to the NG heater, which is already giving me low-flow problems (a persistent whining sound when the pressure rises on the D.E. filter). I also want a dedicated solar pump to outlet into the pool under my Confer steps to keep as much sediment and crud as possible out from under there.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!