Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brown stains along entire edge of pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Brown stains along entire edge of pool liner

Hi everyone. About a month ago I noticed this brown rust colored stain all around the edge of my inground pool liner. Now it is in the deep end as we'll. it won't brush off and shocking pool doesn't help I have even stuck my hand on the liner and it is smooth. Chemistry levels are:
    Fc: 1.5
    Cc: 0
    Tc: 1.5
    Calcium: 200
    Ta: 120
    Ph: 7.6
    Cya: 70

I have been vacuuming every 3 to 4 days with not much leaf debris on bottom. Do top of pool with well water. But have never had this happen before as liner is three yrs old . Any ideas how to remove it?? Or what it is? It is becoming unsightly ! Please help
    12k gallon inground pool with vinyl liner. Sandfilter, hayward 1.5 hp pool pump. Pool is approx 15 yrs.old. Liner is four years old. TF100 testing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brown stains along entire edge of pool liner

Have you tried rubbing the stain WW a vitamin C pill? If it disappears, it's metals esp since your using well water. Check out the ascorbic acid treatment.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

Where do I get vit c tabs?
    12k gallon inground pool with vinyl liner. Sandfilter, hayward 1.5 hp pool pump. Pool is approx 15 yrs.old. Liner is four years old. TF100 testing kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Where do I get vit c tabs?
    Any drugstore should have them

IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

5. Back To Top    #5

Will metals stain come off the surface of the liner?

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes. Metal stains can be removed from a vinyl liner.

get some vitamin c pills in the vitamin section at the drug store. Hold one on a stained spot. If the stain comes off, then you should do an ascorbic acid treatment to remove all the stains from the liner.

Ascorbic acid is nothing more than 100 percent vitamin C powder. You might be able to get sizeable container of it at the same place as the vitamin C, or at a health food store. Its also available online.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...d-metal-stains

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...f-metal-stains
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Besides the staining, your FC is way too low.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Vit C didn't work! Could it be the glue showing through from the bottom? It's all around the edge and at the deep end in bottom.

9. Back To Top    #9

What glue would you be talking about? There isnt any glue used to install a liner into a pool.

Your sig says the pool is about 15 yrs old. Is the liner that old too?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

10. Back To Top    #10

No liner is 3 yrs old. I thought maybe glue around seems?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually 2 years old my bad

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    No liner is 3 yrs old. I thought maybe glue around seems?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually 2 years old my bad
    Do you know if it's under warranty?
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

12. Back To Top    #12

I don't believe so

13. Back To Top    #13

How long should I leave the vit C tablet on the spot. Tried it again in a sock and it may be lightening up the spot.??

- - - Updated - - -

But still majority of spot there. Like I said it is all around the majority of the edges on the pool floor.

14. Back To Top    #14

With your high cya and low chlorine it could be algae....
    12k - free form - plaster- Nautilus fns48 DE filter- centurion 1hp (so quiet)- In floor cleaning system with Jandy Caretaker - TF-50 and 5 in 1 test kit, Phoenix, Az