I Enjoyed the TFP Method So Much That...

SPKNout4CHRIST

Gold Supporter
Mar 4, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
...I decided to let the pool get green and do it again! Actually, that is not how it happened, but it happened. I let my salt level get too low while out of town for 2 weeks and came home to a nice green pool since the SWG stopped running :roll:. Whoops.

Seeing as how I went through the TFP method a few years back when we moved to this house, I am certain it will be back up and running in no time. I have checked my levels and have added the bleach needed. I just wanted to document the progress as it clears up and hopefully encourage others out there experiencing this for the first time that this CAN be done! I added the bleach about 15 minutes ago, so stay tuned as we see the TFP method do its thing!

God bless and enjoy!
Matthew

20140726_161629.jpg

20140726_161624.jpg

20140726_161601.jpg

20140726_161549.jpg

20140726_161536.jpg

Please post your tests as this is a wonderful show and tell for new people as you already know what you are doing and what you're up against.

First results and progress pics are in! 4 hours after starting the SLAM process, we can see progress. The bottom is visible in the shallow end and the bright green color is diminishing. You can see pockets of the bright green, but most has turned to a pale green or white color. My test results so far are below.

My pH is reading high (around 8), but I am attributing that to the status of the pool and will re-test that once it is cleared up. I haven't added CYA or tested it in a while and can tell that I need to get some in there to hold my chlorine during the day. I think I still have some from last time, so I will be adding that ASAP. I added enough clorox to keep it just above shock level for the rest of the day and into the night. I will check it again first thing tomorrow and make sure to keep it up during the day to ensure it doesn't get too low.

Initial Test:
FC = 0
CC = 0 (I am not sure why this tested 0 as I know this cannot be true - tested it twice with same result)
pH = 8
CYA = 0 (I am sure this is right as this has not been added in a while and nothing added to the pool that would add any. I have had several "filter to waste" sessions because of rain water, so I assume this has diluted it over time.)

Test #2 - 4 hours later:
FC = 10 (shock level for my pool with 0 CYA)
CC = 0.5 (Still wondering why this is so low, but will keep SLAM'ing anyway as I know there is something going on.)

20140726_193742.jpg

20140726_193805.jpg

20140726_193817.jpg

20140726_193827.jpg

You're going to blow through that SLAM with the DE filter! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.