Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Enjoyed the TFP Method So Much That...

1. Back To Top    #1

I Enjoyed the TFP Method So Much That...

...I decided to let the pool get green and do it again! Actually, that is not how it happened, but it happened. I let my salt level get too low while out of town for 2 weeks and came home to a nice green pool since the SWG stopped running . Whoops.

Seeing as how I went through the TFP method a few years back when we moved to this house, I am certain it will be back up and running in no time. I have checked my levels and have added the bleach needed. I just wanted to document the progress as it clears up and hopefully encourage others out there experiencing this for the first time that this CAN be done! I added the bleach about 15 minutes ago, so stay tuned as we see the TFP method do its thing!

God bless and enjoy!
    Matthew

22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I Enjoyed the TFP Method So Much That...

That's quite fluorescent! Does it glow in the dark, too?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Subscribing....love to watch the green to cleans!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Please post your tests as this is a wonderful show and tell for new people as you already know what you are doing and what you're up against.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

JELLO!!!!!

27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

First results and progress pics are in! 4 hours after starting the SLAM process, we can see progress. The bottom is visible in the shallow end and the bright green color is diminishing. You can see pockets of the bright green, but most has turned to a pale green or white color. My test results so far are below.

My pH is reading high (around 8), but I am attributing that to the status of the pool and will re-test that once it is cleared up. I haven't added CYA or tested it in a while and can tell that I need to get some in there to hold my chlorine during the day. I think I still have some from last time, so I will be adding that ASAP. I added enough clorox to keep it just above shock level for the rest of the day and into the night. I will check it again first thing tomorrow and make sure to keep it up during the day to ensure it doesn't get too low.

Initial Test:
    FC = 0
    CC = 0 (I am not sure why this tested 0 as I know this cannot be true - tested it twice with same result)
    pH = 8
    CYA = 0 (I am sure this is right as this has not been added in a while and nothing added to the pool that would add any. I have had several "filter to waste" sessions because of rain water, so I assume this has diluted it over time.)

Test #2 - 4 hours later:
    FC = 10 (shock level for my pool with 0 CYA)
    CC = 0.5 (Still wondering why this is so low, but will keep SLAM'ing anyway as I know there is something going on.)

22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

7. Back To Top    #7

Just for you
    dude.jpg
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Haha that is awesome and pretty much sums up my reaction!!

9. Back To Top    #9

You're going to blow through that SLAM with the DE filter!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter