Losing suction when cleaning

Jun 12, 2014
Wichita Falls Tx
I have been an avid reader for a few months and a few weeks ago you guys and about 75 gallons of bleach helped get me through a big algae problem.

I have learned so much about pool chemistry and my pool is crystal clear and sparkling. I am loving the feeling of knowing exactly what my pool needs at all times.

We are having a problem with vacuuming though. We have a Kreepy krauly that was left for us by the old owners and we have a regular manual vacuum head attachment. New hoses as well. The problem we have with both of them is that we start vacuuming and after about 5 minutes we lose all suction. Turning the pump off and back on again helps a bit but after awhile we just give up because it takes so long to vacuum the thing if you have to reset it every 5 min or so.

We cannot find any air leaks of any kind.

Any ideas on troubleshooting this would be very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a main drain on your pool? If the skimmer is the only inlet. To the pump, you probably need some kind of diverted to allow water to get to the pump. The hose alone usually can't supply enough water to the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.