Intellibrite Controller Model 600054

Hi folks,
I installed a Pentair 5g LED 12V Spa light in to my pool and we love it. I also bought the Intellibrite Controller so that I can enjoy the full experience of the lights without having to come inside the house to switch the light on and off the to get the next light display. Here's where our installation dilemma comes into play. Had a buddy of mine who is a licensed electrician, look at it and it also stumped him so I'm hoping someone out there can help us with this install. The controller has 3 wires, a red, a black and a white and is supposed to run off of 120V. My pool light is 12V which connects into a transformer with a black wire , a white wire and the ground. So 2 wires coming out the 12V output end of the transformer which go straight into light wires coming out the J Box. Where do we connect the controller to??!?! Out of the transformer box? And if so how and which wires do we got to??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :confused::confused:

Welcome to TFP!

There is a wiring diagram in the manual, though I admit it isn't all that readable.

You wire black and white coming from the circuit breaker to the black and white wires on the controller. Then you wire white and red to the transformer AC input. Note that all the white wires just connect together, while black goes "through" the controller, coming out as red. Then you wire the low voltage output of the transformer to the light.

Hey Jason thanks for the rapid reply, much appreciated. So let me see if I understand you correctly. When you say the circuit breaker, do you mean whatever's feeding/powering the transformer? Do I disconnect the black and white from the transformer input and now power it with the red and white from the controller (white to white and red to black going into the transformer)? Then connect the low voltage 12V output to the light which basically would remain the same since it is already installed that way? So in essence the controller should be installed between the circuit breaker and the transformer and it will control the light through the transformer? Sorry to sound so clueless and I am so glad I came across this site!! Thanks again!!

Reactions: Valdosta eagle
Could you send me a photo of your wiring? I'm having the same issue.
Hey Jason thanks for the rapid reply, much appreciated. So let me see if I understand you correctly. When you say the circuit breaker, do you mean whatever's feeding/powering the transformer? Do I disconnect the black and white from the transformer input and now power it with the red and white from the controller (white to white and red to black going into the transformer)? Then connect the low voltage 12V output to the light which basically would remain the same since it is already installed that way? So in essence the controller should be installed between the circuit breaker and the transformer and it will control the light through the transformer? Sorry to sound so clueless and I am so glad I came across this site!! Thanks again!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I can get you to draw this out for me? I'm having the same issue.
Thanks
Welcome to TFP!

There is a wiring diagram in the manual, though I admit it isn't all that readable.

You wire black and white coming from the circuit breaker to the black and white wires on the controller. Then you wire white and red to the transformer AC input. Note that all the white wires just connect together, while black goes "through" the controller, coming out as red. Then you wire the low voltage output of the transformer to the light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.