Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oldcaptainrusty in North Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

Oldcaptainrusty in North Florida

Greetings to all. First post but have been doing some research, great forum with a ton of info for this old geezer. Have put up an AG for my great grands, a 12'X24'X52" Intex that the wife bought on-line. We bought a larger AG +20K gal. for the grand kids about 18 years ago (they are all grown now). I battled it over the years with my dip strips and minimal test kits and managed to keep it swim-able over the seasons. I finally tore it down a few months ago as it needed a new liner and pump and the sheet metal walls were about gone due to our good old Florida salt atmosphere. I told the wife last night if I had this info 15 years ago we would still have our old pool in service.
    I ordered the TF100 test kit and added the salt test kit as well. I have always had a problem trusting the pools store people with their free water test deal, I don't think I ever went in that I didn't need to add something to my pool. I figure with the better test kit and all this info available on this great forum I'll be ahead of the game. I am going to start out with the TFPC system as I have a SWG on this pool. Will probably add the Borax next season. I plan to adhere to the recommended SWG regimen in the Pool School. Eough of my rambling.
    Thanks to all on this great forum.
    5200 gal, vinyl AG pool, Intex 1600 GPH pump with 14" sand filter, SWG, new 7/14, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oldcaptainrusty in North Florida

We look forward to hearing about your progress. Remember, we like test results & pictures
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey OCR welcome to the forum!! Glad you are here. Looking forward to hearing about your build and the great stories of the great grands!!
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yarrr, matey!

I think you need an avatar...
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Mr. Rich. I needed that.
    5200 gal, vinyl AG pool, Intex 1600 GPH pump with 14" sand filter, SWG, new 7/14, TF-100 test kit, Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome aboard!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome aboard

Richard gave you a swell avatar

OCR has been reading Pool School and has ordered recommended test kit........great first post
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Actually, I expected him to crop it like this:

seacaptain.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thans again Mr. Rich, the old man needs all the help he can get.