Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FYI - Solution To Smartpool Wall Climber Getting Stuck At Water's Surface

1. Back To Top    #1

FYI - Solution To Smartpool Wall Climber Getting Stuck At Water's Surface

Rupert the pool butler (aka Smartpool NC52 Wall Climber) would climb the wall in the shallow end, get filled with air and then get stuck at the surface.

There are four holes on Rupert's nose for bleeding air. Drilling out these holes to a larger size solved the problem. Rupert now sinks back down and continues butling around the pool.

Smartpool suggested adding 4 to 8 ounces of weight, but drilling out the holes is much simpler and faster.
    15,000 gallon IGP, epoxy surface, waterfall, borates (!), not closed in winter
    SuperPump with 2.4 THP EcoTech variable speed motor, Tagelus TA-60 filter with zeolite media, Liquidator, AquaComfort heat pump, Blue-White flowmeter, Smartpool Wall Climber
    TF-100, LaMotte metal sequestrant test kits
    Sundance Capri hot tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FYI - Solution To Smartpool Wall Climber Getting Stuck At Water's Surface

Glad this works for you.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FYI - Solution To Smartpool Wall Climber Getting Stuck At Water's Surface

I just replaced my Smartpool NC52 Wall Climber with an identical model. (My original unit was not terribly reliable, but it was inexpensive to purchase and easy to repair on my own. I caught a sale where it made more sense to replace than repair.)

I went back to the original unit and determined that I drilled out the bleed holes to 9/32".
    15,000 gallon IGP, epoxy surface, waterfall, borates (!), not closed in winter
    SuperPump with 2.4 THP EcoTech variable speed motor, Tagelus TA-60 filter with zeolite media, Liquidator, AquaComfort heat pump, Blue-White flowmeter, Smartpool Wall Climber
    TF-100, LaMotte metal sequestrant test kits
    Sundance Capri hot tub