Filter Issue

So before I take any advice from outside parties I am asking here. Outside advice = trouble.

So turning on my filter is still blowing dirt in my pool. The same dirt it seems like that I am vac everyday. Someone told me to take the multiport valve off to see if the spider basket was out of place or broke. Now my filter is brand new 2 months old and professionally installed. We always turn it off before turning it too position to backwash. Now if I take it off is this going to pour the pool water all over till it gets below the jet filter hole? Is this even recommended? I read cleaning the sand filter and watched the video which I think I am going to try but wanted to get some thoughts since the sand is also brand new.

Basically I can vac the pool and shut the filter off for day but next day turn the filter on and bam blows the dirt back in the pool!

Chemicals are all perfect after the algae problem last week and pool is crystal clear!!! :)

A 2 month old filter does NOT need it's sand changed. Actually........."We always turn it off before turning it too position to backwash.".....<<<<<<<<.that might be the problem. You may be over doing it. About one backwash in 2 months should about do you. Only backwash when filter pressure rises 25% over clean pressure. They work better somewhat dirty. Professionally installed doesn't mean much if they damaged a lateral while doing so.

yes we always wait for the 25% its sitting at 5 pressure now and we always rinse after backwashing it.

- - - Updated - - -

our manual says before switching to backwash position make sure filter is turn off so that is what I meant we turn the filter off before switching it to backwash is that incorrect?

- - - Updated - - -

now the pump was working for the last 2 months perfectly till last 2 weeks when a storm rolled in and we ended up with debri in the pool and had an algae problem now that its cleared up I am having this problem with the filter all of a sudden can the 2 be related some how? and its not sand in the pool its the dead algae and leaves and debri that are blowing back in the pool

Yes, always turn the pump off, switch positions on the multiport valve, then turn the pump back on. I guess it is possible that your spider gasket is not working correctly. You can turn off the pump, shut off the water and remove the top of the multi-port valve and check the gasket. If it is loose or torn it will need to be replaced. If that is not the problem I would check the sand and see if it is channeled. It wouldn't hurt anything to do a deep cleaning as long as you are careful not to damage the laterals.

So we checked out all the lines today no clogs, there was one small leak we fixed that, the spider gasket was totally intact, the sand was fine no channeling and I did a deep cleaning anyway since I was there, the laterals seemed fine Any other advice??? before I call for service

You could try rinsing for a few seconds before turning it to filter and see if that helps. Can you take a picture of the label on the pump, preferably showing the technical details?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.