Brush the floor?

Jan 2, 2014
The Woodlands, TX
I'm on day 3 of my SLAM for what I believe to be M.A. Last nights ONCL was 1.5, so I'm getting close to the end where I'm going to take it up to M.A. SLAM level for 24hrs.

In the M.A. instructions, it says to brush everywhere (lights, steps, ladders, etc....) and it also mentions the floor of the pool. I have a Polaris 3900. Is running that sufficient for the floor? I'm just not keen to getting in the pool at M.A. shock level, then diving in the 9ft deep end to "brush the floor".

Don't you have a brush on a pole?
residential-pool-cleaning-service-man-working-sparkling-clean-pool-brushing-side-clean-30187412.jpg

I don't have a automatic cleaner, but I'm not sure running it in that level of FC is a good idea.

Brush on a 15' pole works great for the walls.

My deep end is approx. 15'x15'x9'. I can't get a brush on the floor of the deep end. I can easily get TO the floor at the bottom of the wall. But getting a brush to run ALONG the floor? Can't figure out how to do that one unless I'm swimming in the pool.

I could see being able to do it on most of the IG backyard pools I see. But mine is way too deep and wide to get a brush on a pole along the floor.

Flyguppy, my pool is 18x36, with a 10ft deep end (which starts to slope at about 1/3 of the length), and I can brush my floor just fine. The sloped parts are a bit tricky, but the floor itself is easy peasy. Is your pool situated in a way that you can't walk all the way around it, and that's why you can't brush the floor from outside of it?

Ohhh! Yes, that would explain it. Definitely get yourself a longer pole. I had a similar issue because my pool has rocks and plants along one side, so I got the longer pole to make my life a little easier. ...and hey, it's always nice to have an extra pole on hand. :)

Also, FWIW, I've used my robot in the pool while shocking with no ill effects.

Also, FWIW, I've used my robot in the pool while shocking with no ill effects.

But you did not use your robot in the pool at MA SLAM levels did you? He is going to SLAM to higher values and it's not recommended. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.