New liner... Fresh water fill...

Finally got the liner dropped in today and filled with fresh water, that I was told comes from a spring. I need some help to get the chemicals in balance now. I've ran the numbers through poolmath but I'd like some advice before I go putting stuff in the pool.

Test kit... TFT 100.

Temp 60F

PH 7.5

CL 0

CC .5

TC .5

CH 400 (Checked it twice to make sure, also it's a vinyl pool)

TA 320 (Checked twice)

CYA 0

Poolmath tells me to add

1.1 gal 8% bleach to hit 4 FC

DO nothing for PH

TA reduce PH to 7.0 - 7.2 with acid and then aerate to increase PH

CH replace 44% of the water... Fresh fill today! Don't really want to do that!

CYA 0 to 40 with 7lbs of stabilizer... I have 6lbs on hand.

All help/advice is very much appreciated. Thanks Schroedz

Last edited:
Disregard the TA. Your pH is stable for now. Add the bleach over the return and put 3 lbs of stabilizer in 2 socks and hang over the return and you can recheck it in a week.

Also, read over:

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart

Thanks Casey. I have read them. Will go back and read again though.

I added a gallon of bleach at 9pm EST, retested at 10-05pm and it's reading 5.5ppm on the FAS-DPD. I think I overshot it a bit. Was aiming for 4ppm. It was confirmed with the fill water today that my pool is 21,000 gallons and that's what I put into pool math. Hmmm weird.

Will do the CYA in the morning. Need to find socks or stockings to put it in.

Schroedz.

You didn't over shoot by much. I'd keep it where it's at. :goodjob: I usually grab a pair of socks and dedicate them to pool care. I use a hair tie to close off the top. You can use the other sock to wipe the tile line while you're swimming. :mrgreen:

You didn't over shoot by much. I'd keep it where it's at. :goodjob: I usually grab a pair of socks and dedicate them to pool care. I use a hair tie to close off the top. You can use the other sock to wipe the tile line while you're swimming. :mrgreen:

Yeah thank goodness. Cool will do that. I'm going to raid my daughter's sock drawer, I'm sure she wouldn't mind sacrificing a pair for a greater good :D hehe. Great info thanks again

Got the CYA going in now, thanks to my daughters sock sacrifice hehe ;)

I hope Richard likes the socks! I noticed he has a thing for pink CYA socks ;) lol

y9equmas.jpg

Schroedz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.