Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I replace an old ortega valve with a jandy check valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I replace an old ortega valve with a jandy check valve?

IMG_9033.jpgpool replumb 002.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG] have done alot of work on the plumbing of this pool. One of the last things to address and what I believe is the culprit behind a small suction loss and air draw at the pump is an ortega valve in the ground that I discovered in the landscaping behind the pool about half way between the skimmer and the pump station.I originally opened the valve and I could hear the very dramatic sound of air going to the pump/filter and quickly shut down the system. When I inspected the guts more closely I noticed that many of the pieces were broken. After re-plumbing the pump station and reconnecting the drain I managed to get things almost 100% "trouble free" but I'm still having to bleed the filter a little bit every couple of days or so. It's less than a minute usually but it's not right yet. Can I replace that valve with a jandy check valve?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I replace an old ortega valve with a jandy check valve?

Here is the ortega valve and a shot of the pool itself. A lot of work put into that too. Well the site won't let me upload the other pics I'll try later