A few weeks ago I visited a friend just outside Washington DC. His pool care was pucks, shock and strips. I admit, the water was sparkly clear.
I took my K2006 with me and discovered his water all messed up. Worse was his pH at 6.8 and CYA 120.
During my week there I visited WalMart several times and got his water perfect. With the amount of adjusting I had to do the pH was well below 6.8I left him with a balanced pool and even bought him as TF-100 teaching him how to use it.
I just got a call from him today thanking me. So far all he has had to use is bleach. With him no longer using the pucks and his pH has been rock solid.