Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscaping Gurus Among Us?

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscaping Gurus Among Us?

We have an Intex 13x36'' AG metal-frame pool....I thought it would be a good introductory pool to teach us pool maintenance, teach the kids how to handle the water, etc...before deciding on a more permanent pool situation.

Set-up went well, we love the pool, maintenance has been a breeze thus far...but I'm really annoyed & bothered by the "ugly" factor...the splash out that occasionally happens is leaving our rather sparse yard a muddy, wet the obvious answer would be landscaping; however, I'm concerned that gravel or mulch will come into contact with the pool and cause leaks/holes, etc...

Has anyone done any type of landscaping around this kind of pool? Sand is not an option due to the legs.

28 foot round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, installed Aug 2008
    Expandable liner, 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24,000 gallons approx
    1.5 HP (optimistic rating, acts more like .75- 1 HP) Doughboy Power Pak II pump, 19" Media Master Sand Filter with a little DE
    2 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels with Goldline automatic controller, 50ppm Borates
    And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    S.E. Wisconsin

Re: Landscaping Gurus Among Us?

You could put some sort of barrier between the side of the pool and the rock to protect the pool, something like this...

FWIW, we just have grass right up to the edge of the pool. It isn't the greatest looking, but the pool gets taken down every year, so it's never in the exact same spot.

18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)