Chlorine 3
    pH 7.5

TF100
    FC 4.5 ppm
    CC 0 ppm
    CH 150 ppm
    TA 280 ppm
    CYA 20 ppm
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just Got my TF100 - First Readings

According to pool math (if I am doing this correctly) To lower my TA, I need to lower my pH to 7-7.2 and aerate the water. I have some pH Down that came with my "Startup kit" will that work?

Also I guess I should up the CYA? Right now I am still using the trichlor cartridge since I don't have anything else and my FC @ 4.5 is a little high for a CYA of 20. The pool has been running 24/7 since last Thursday on low speed. Getting a timer this weekend along with the wood for the deck.
    24'x54" AGP 13,500g AquaLeader Sentinelle | Hayward Voyager CC150 sqft cartridge filter | Hayward 2hp 2spd pump | Hayward Aquaray Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Just Got my TF100 - Help decipher

It will, it's just more expensive. Since you have it, use it!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

First, don't be too worried about TA. As long as pH rise isn't driving you crazy it's not a huge deal. Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.

Be very careful with pH down. It can settle on your liner and damage it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    It will, it's just more expensive. Since you have it, use it!
    My thoughts exactly. just wanted to make sure that it would do the same thing.

6. Back To Top    #6

If you're chlorinating with trichlor, that excess TA will go down as you chlorinate. Trichlor is very acidic.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    First, don't be too worried about TA. As long as pH rise isn't driving you crazy it's not a huge deal. Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.

Be very careful with pH down. It can settle on your liner and damage it.
    The pH seems to be pretty stable at least so far. Just wasnt too sure if the TA was going to be harmfull to the pool at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    If you're chlorinating with trichlor, that excess TA will go down as you chlorinate. Trichlor is very acidic.
    OK good to know. As soon as that cartridge is depleted I am switching to bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Try to keep your pH in the lower part of the range, and it should lower over time.
    I have a couple of pH test kits and I think it is actually more like 7.4