Fire Pit Burner Ring Recommendations?

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Not sure on what fire ring to recommend but I would assume that it will come down to personal preference on lava rock and/or fire glass.

Good luck with it and post pics! :mrgreen:

Previous house, no pool. Whe we were expanding our hard scape including lots of pavers we wanted a fire pit included. The contractor could have kept his mouth shut and sold us one, but he let us know that most of his clients later regretted a built in fire pit. Too much patio "real estate" lost to too little use. He suggested we spend a few hundred dollars at Lowes for a portable pit rather than several thousand with him. That was three houses ago and we still prefer the portable pit. We can have a fire when we want, but get it outa of the way when we don't.

Make sure you understand how you will use it and that it fits long term.

Tim, Great advice!! I have had both. definitely prefer the movable one. My movable one was always a wood burner. 80% of my friends always preferred the wood burner. I cant describe the oneness with nature you feel when you are the one who has to move because the wind shifted.

I have had both but the house we have now has a gas fire pit. It has three straight gas burners and we have a fake log kit like in our house gas fire places. We just have fancy rock over the burners and the logs sit on top. I like the real fire pits but in our case we back up to a wooded area that gets dry sometimes in the summer and the ashes from a real pit may causes issues. The gas one we have you shut off and go to bed.

Good Point wjr. All my homes have had a safe place to have an open fire. I even lived for years in the mountains just above Denver. Small detail is to always have a water hose at the ready. In all these years I only needed it once.

The ones who didn't prefer wood fires were definitely not designated drivers and they couldnt get out of a chair.....LOL

Thanks for the comments! I have the fire pit on one side of the pool area and a drain has been plumbed and I threw in conduit and power before the decks went in along with the LP line. 1100 square feet of deck got poured on Saturday so we are definitely getting one now. Lol… It probably won't be used much but I would like to have it there.

I was at a party this weekend and they had a real fire pit right next to the pool. He said He doesn't use it that much because he gets a lot of floating ash in his pool. Never thought about that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup. That's what is being built now however I can't decide if I want to go with an electronic ignition that hooks to the pool controller. I personally ran a circuit to the pit area just in case I do as well as conduit back to the controller area for a control wire but my builder does not like the auto light system but admits he is old school when it comes to the automation stuff and he does not like it. Besides the cool factor of lighting a fire from your phone, I like it because you set your gas valve and forget it and it has safety features. The control box on the ignition system fires up the pit and if for any reason it goes out, it re-lights it. The gas is only flowing if it is lit. If the gas goes out on a manually lit pit I guess you are just pumping the fuel (obviously you should be watching for this of course). Me personally, I love automation and insisted that I have that capability vs. the controller the builder was going to install. I may hardly ever use it but just knowing it is there will make it allllll right. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I was also looking at the Crossfire system that Warming-Trends offers. They claim to use 50% less propane/gas than other systems. I was hoping someone had one of those and could comment on it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.