Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Threaded Strainer Connector

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Threaded Strainer Connector

Hello,

Does anyone know if the grate on the this item can be removed without damaging the unit? I would like to install my auto-skimmer from a older pool to this filtration system and the connector is the right size but the raised grate gets in the way.

Thanks!
    Paul

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Threaded Strainer Connector

Quote Originally Posted by genchiro View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know if the grate on the this item can be removed without damaging the unit? I would like to install my auto-skimmer from a older pool to this filtration system and the connector is the right size but the raised grate gets in the way.

Thanks!
    Paul
    I don't know if it will or not. And I assume you want to modify it without lowering your water level so a dremmel is out of the question? If you do ruin it, you can get one for 3.22 from intex.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

3. Back To Top    #3

I am not sure what grate you are talking about. Is this the "grate" that is screwed into the wall of the pool that you attach the valves to?
    If you are talking about that grate, I know I have cut most of the grid out of mine. I did not cut down the edges of it just the middle of it. I was tired of them plugging up and cutting my flow down.
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ranger_ric View Post
    I am not sure what grate you are talking about. Is this the "grate" that is screwed into the wall of the pool that you attach the valves to?
    If you are talking about that grate, I know I have cut most of the grid out of mine. I did not cut down the edges of it just the middle of it. I was tired of them plugging up and cutting my flow down.
    We did this as well. We use the regular intex skimmer, and I got tired of trying to clean it out every couple of weeks. It definitely helps a lot.
    18x52 Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter & Intex SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi,

what did you cut the strainer with?