Manual for a Jacuzzi 250 sand filter

Jul 30, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm looking for the manual of a Jacuzzi Laser 250 sand filter. Secondly, can anyone describe the OEM relationships of pool filters? I just bought a house and I have no manual for my pump or my sand filter. My filter is branded Club Pro Laser 250, but I believe that its just rebranded from a Jacuzzi Laser 250. However, in searching the internet I can't find a manual for the Jacuzzi 250 or even find it on the Jacuzzi home site. I'm in Canada, so it may change the branding of the parts.

The link posted with the manual is very helpful, I wish I would have found something like that. I already new pretty much everything it said though. The only thing I wonder about(and have seen in other places) is, why do you put some water in the tank before adding sand? The other thing is, people refer to sand filters in inches, such as a 16" filter, what does this mean?

If you have any questions about your filter, feel free to ask, I've had one very similar(Jacuzzi Splash-Pak) and have learned just about everything about it one would need to know to do simple fixes and operation.

HTH,
Adam

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. I'm still trying to figure out the flow of water through the filter. I realize that it is different for each setting, but these are the 3 I'm looking at.

Filter = Water gets pumped into the top of the filter and pushed out the bottom and back out to the pool
Backwash = Water gets pumped into the bottom of the filter and pushed out the top and out the drain
Rinse = Water gets pumped into the top of the filter and pushed out the bottom and out the drain

Is this right?

One post said that the you alternated between backwash and rinse, while the manual says to run rinse for 30 seconds then stop saying it was used to repack the sand. Are the perhaps both right?

You are correct as far as the functions go. Rinse does two things, first, it flushes out any remaining dirt so it doesn't go into the pool, and second it repacks the sand. I've never heard of anyone saying it repacks the sand, but it makes sense, since water folwing from the bottom would tend to loosen and stir it all up.

HTH,
Adam

Great, now can anyone tell me what 'Whirlpool' setting does? Surprisingly the manual says nothing about it. Should this only be used if the filter is for a hot tub or does it perhaps aerate the water as it filters (that would be nice for raising PH)

The Whirlpool feature just bypasses the sand. This allows maximum water flow but doesn't filter the water, just circulate it. I find it works well to get all of the Crud that settles to the bottom in the middle so vacuuming is faster because I don't have to do the whole pool if I just want to get the big stuff.

HTH,
Adam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.