Water doesn't seem to be circulating in my pool

bswicht

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2014
Middletown, MD
I'm so confused! I have a 20 x 40 gunite pool with an in floor cleaner and a hot tub as part of the pool. When I turn the pump on, the the valve set to skimmer, the skimmer doesn't seem to be drawing much water. Most of the water seems to be flowing into the hot tub. When I put my hand up to the inlet and outlet pipes in the pool there is hardly any movement. At first I thought the pipe from the pump to the skimmer might be clogged, but that doesn't explain why not much water is coming into the pool. The gauge on the filter seems to at the correct reading. I would think the water coming into the hot tub would have more pressure. It used to. I am wondering if my pump is on it's way out. It is at least 15 years old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My husband says I'm obsessing again.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Define "correct reading" on your filter? Does it change for different functions?
Sounds like you have some valves in the wrong orientation.
Try adding some pictures and descriptions of your equipment pad and plumbing.

When did you last clean the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.