Noob done slaming now what?

After about approximately a week and half of slaming, patience. and what felt like scrubbing the plaster off due to some black algae spots, I passed OCLT this morning!!. Pretty stoked about that!! :party: I recently took over the pool from the pool company and I got through the slam process without asking any questions just from the wealth of info I was able to read from here. This place is awesome.
I ran all the other tests this morning and am in the process of letting my FC fall into range. I currently have my SWG off while this happens and I plan on testing this evening to see where I'm at. I understand I should keep the FC on the high end of level recommendation, witch I will then turn on the SWG. I also know that PH isn't accurate until FC is 10 or below but with that being said what other do I need to do. My CYA is a little low but I'm not sure if I should add some stabilizer know or wait till FC gets in check. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. I guess just trying to figure out where to go from here.

PH- 7.7 which I know isn't accurate right now
FC- 23
CC- 0
TC- 23
CH- 325
TA- 70
CYA-50
Salt- 3600

Nice work :goodjob:

Your water is in good shape. I think you can go ahead and get the CYA dissolving at this point. No really rain not too since it will affect dialing in your SWG.

Thanks jblizzle! :lovetfp: I'm having a blast doing all this stuff, this site makes feel like a little kid with his first chemistry set! Learning a lot. I gave my neighbor the TFP business card that came in my test kit. Hopefully I convinced him enough about this site, the simplicity of the concept once you learn pool school, how everyone is so helpful here, and how bad the pool store is hosing him and he still as algae problems after a good month.

Pool calculator says 2lbs of CYA to bring up to 70. Should I do the whole 2lbs or do just do a lb first?

Should I do the whole 2lbs or do just do a lb first?

Its kind of up to what you're comfortable with, but if you are confident that your gallons are correct there isn't any issue going all in.

Here's a thought about your neighbor: challenge him to a contest, see who spends less on their pool to achieve the same results of clear, clean, safe water. :thumleft:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.