Baquacil Conversion

Jul 25, 2014
Sussex
New to the site, I am converting to chlorine from baquacil. Looking for a little help. Started doing the conversion under information the pool place was giving me. They tested my water and gave me a product called quick clear (which is a non chlorine shock) to remove the baquacil from the water. After having tested the water many times and dumping pounds and pounds of the quick clear the baquacil sanitizer and alagstat readings from them are at 0 but the oxidizer is still at around 60. they are telling me I need to continue adding the quick clear, they also gave me a product called flip out to use until that reaches 0. From what Ive read searching this seems like its untrue. I do not want to keep adding random chemicals to the pool trying to chase a 0 oxidizer number if I don't have to. My pool has gone from a brownish color, to a greenish color to a cloudy blue, and today it seems crystal clear. so my question is, do I need the oxidizer reading to read 0? Should I start adding chlorine slowly or should I shock it every day like the pool place is telling me to do when the oxidizer reaches 0?

After searching on this site I know I need to pick up a good test kit. Which I will do asap.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

I used chlorine and the directions from this website 5 years ago to convert from Baquacil and I've never been happier with the pool
Good luck with your conversion
:)
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.