Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baquacil Conversion

1. Back To Top    #1

Baquacil Conversion

New to the site, I am converting to chlorine from baquacil. Looking for a little help. Started doing the conversion under information the pool place was giving me. They tested my water and gave me a product called quick clear (which is a non chlorine shock) to remove the baquacil from the water. After having tested the water many times and dumping pounds and pounds of the quick clear the baquacil sanitizer and alagstat readings from them are at 0 but the oxidizer is still at around 60. they are telling me I need to continue adding the quick clear, they also gave me a product called flip out to use until that reaches 0. From what Ive read searching this seems like its untrue. I do not want to keep adding random chemicals to the pool trying to chase a 0 oxidizer number if I don't have to. My pool has gone from a brownish color, to a greenish color to a cloudy blue, and today it seems crystal clear. so my question is, do I need the oxidizer reading to read 0? Should I start adding chlorine slowly or should I shock it every day like the pool place is telling me to do when the oxidizer reaches 0?

After searching on this site I know I need to pick up a good test kit. Which I will do asap.

Thanks for any help,

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Baquacil Conversion

Welcome to TFP Dave! Get the TF100XL ASAP! You can order through the link in my signature.

Also, read this:

Convert Your Baqua Pool To Chlorine
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Chlorine is both just as effective at doing a conversion, and it costs less.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    S.E. MI

I used chlorine and the directions from this website 5 years ago to convert from Baquacil and I've never been happier with the pool
    Good luck with your conversion

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Columbia, SC

Quick Clear = quick profit for!the pool store. Chlorine, bleach or 10/12.5% chlorinating liquid is your answer.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon