Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool timers - I want to install a timer, what would you recommend for my equipment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool timers - I want to install a timer, what would you recommend for my equipment?

I added the SWG and couldn't be happier but even running at 10% I can't get my chlorine below 7. So I am thinking I could run the pump and SWG at 10 to 12 hours a day and save some money and lower my chlorine in the process.

I spoke to my electrician and am looking at an outdoor mechanical timer. What timer would you recommend? Also am I ok with a timer just on the pump and not on the SWG or do I need them both on timers?

This site has been great only wish I had found it before my pool was built. But I did find it in time to quit using pucks when my CYA was at 70 and convert to SWG at the perfect time. My water is always crystal clear and only have to add salt and acid once in a while.
    30K gallon 20 X 40 IG vinyl built 8/2013, Hayward 1.0 hp super pump, 250,000 BTU Hayward heater, S244s Hayward Sand Filter w/side mount multi port valve, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator with Turbocell T-15 , Coverstar automatic pool cover with key switch, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool timers - I want to install a timer, what would you recommend for my equipmen

Hey calespool, I can't help on which timer is right for you but you can run them both off of their own timers I believe.

Congrats on crystal clear water!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool timers - I want to install a timer, what would you recommend for my equipmen

I had two mechanical timers when all I had was a filter pump and a Polaris boost pump. I switched to a digital Intermatic last fall and added a swg this spring the one timer runs all of them- keeping perfect time (I always had a problem keeping the two mechanical timers synchronized). Yes, it was more expensive, but I enjoy knowing they all run exactly when I want them to now.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter