Solar Cover and Regular Cover??

We got our solar cover yesterday. I am wondering what combination I should use to help heat the pool during the day and help keep the heat in during day/night.

During the day should I:
1. keep both on
2. take top cover off and leave the solar cover on
3. take both off and let the sun warm the water

During the night should I:
1. put both on
2. keep just the solar cover on
3. keep just the regular cover on

Thank you for your help.

I just leave the solar cover on all the time when not in use. Imo the cover that came with the pool is junk

I don't know much about covers and pools, but we actually like the intex cover that came with the pool. It is easy to take on and off (two of us) and ties nicely under the ring to hold it on. Of course, we've only had it for a few days and I guess we'll see the longevity of it.

The cover that came with my pool was junk. It ripped the first time I put it on. Maybe yours is of better quality. You'll soon find out!! One thing I like about it is that anything that blows on to the pool cover doesn't end up in the pool. Unlike my solar cover, which dumps everything into the pool when I roll it up.

My pool warms faster with the cover and pump off during the day and covered at night. I'm lucky though as I can get away with only running my pump a few hours a day at the minimum.

The cover that came with my pool seemed like a good idea but was very flimsy and ripped within the first month. Now I keep the solar cover on all the time except when using the pool.

When I try to remove the solar cover from outside the pool, all the debris on the cover ends up in the pool. It's also very difficult for one person to do. So I have found that it is easier for me to roll and unroll the solar cover from inside the pool. To avoid getting too much debris in the pool, first I remove by hand or with skimmer net anything big like leaves or twigs. I usually don't have very much or any of either. I have a Hayward through the wall skimmer, and if I am careful when rolling up the cover I can splash water onto the cover and direct the water and debris right into the skimmer. For me the debris is mostly dead bugs. Very little ends up in the pool this way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.