Water Balance Question

Okay, I'm reporting the first half day since starting the SLAM process.

As posted above we started with...

PH = 7.5
FC = 5
CYA = 50

We added enough 10.5% chlorine to take the pool to Shock Level, which was an FC of 19.8...Pool Calculator said add 263oz.

For some reason, it actually took the FC to 25. This was last night at 6:00pm

I checked it this morning at 4:00am (I'm an early riser) and the FC was 22. At noon today the FC was 16.

So I added 64oz of 10.5% chlorine to bring the FC back to 19.8 shock level.

I'm happy to report that the pool is looking bluer and clearer.

Am I missing anything?

Okay, I'm reporting the first half day since starting the SLAM process.

As posted above we started with...

PH = 7.5
FC = 5
CYA = 50

We added enough 10.5% chlorine to take the pool to Shock Level, which was an FC of 19.8...Pool Calculator said add 263oz.

For some reason, it actually took the FC to 25. This was last night at 6:00pm

I checked it this morning at 4:00am (I'm an early riser) and the FC was 22. At noon today the FC was 16.

So I added 64oz of 10.5% chlorine to bring the FC back to 19.8 shock level.

I'm happy to report that the pool is looking bluer and clearer.

Am I missing anything?
Brushing and vacuuming.

Here are my replies...

Richard320 ... I am brushing and vacuuming...forgot to post that :(

JBlizzle ... Pool Math Calculator ... I'm rounding it to 20

seven-up ... Yes, I meant Calcium Chloride, sorry :(

Everything seems to be going well. The water is definitely clearing up quickly. So grateful for this site and all of you who help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jblizzle... The Chlorine/CYA chart on this site at this link http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/2177-Chlorine-CYA-Chart says that with a CYA of 50 your FC shock level is 19.8

I used that chart to put in my target FC level.
See, you went and used something posted by chem geek. I swear, I know the words he uses but I have never heard them strung together the way he does.....

I'm glad he understands all this stuff and I will always defer to his knowledge, but when he starts typing I don't understand most of it:sad: I guess it is an indictment of my Florida public school education.

Funny post tim5055...:D And a great reply chem geek...this way we can all imagine what your reply was and get a laugh :D

Now, here are my water results from today (went to bed last night with FC = 25)...

4am ... FC = 22.5
Noon ... FC = 16 (added chlorine to bring back to FC=20)
4pm ... FC = 22
7pm ... FC = 21 and CC = 1

The water is looking really good.

Funny post tim5055...:D And a great reply chem geek...this way we can all imagine what your reply was and get a laugh :D

Now, here are my water results from today (went to bed last night with FC = 25)...

4am ... FC = 22.5
Noon ... FC = 16 (added chlorine to bring back to FC=20)
4pm ... FC = 22
7pm ... FC = 21 and CC = 1

The water is looking really good.
Keep it going, you are moving in the right direction.

I agree. Of course, I did not know that truth until I found this site.

However, my trip to the pool store last week (before I joined the site) had me add 4lbs of Sodium Chloride to raise the CH.

You might have simply mis-spoken but be aware that when you go to increase you're CH after SLAM, you'll be adding Calcium Chloride not Sodium Chloride.

Good Luck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.