Pool installed, water looking great, now what about edging?

Jun 27, 2014
Boston, MA
Hi All,

Pool was installed last week. A couple little mishaps (I accidently opened the pump cover while it was running...gyser!), but all in all things are going well. Followed Pool Math and all my levels are looking good and maintaining well.
So now, how do I clean up the mess that incurred getting it installed? :)
Due to some slope in land, one side of pool is below yard level, other side is above. I started trying to make an edging with brick and stones, but I"m not sure this will stay especially on the side that is above ground level...How do I make sure the bricks don't just eventaully sink/slope down with the rest of the dirt? The side below ground level we need to dig further out and I don't know if we need any sort of retaining wall..it's about 12" down. Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it's way more messy now as electrician dug trench around entire pool for grounding and long trench from house to pump for power lines.

I would plant grass seed ASAP! That was a HUGE help with ours as any time it rained, we could not walk on the ground because it was so slick and the dirt... OMG, I had dirt everywhere! It doesn't look like you needs a retaining wall, unless you really want one. Are you going to be adding a deck to the pool? BTW, the pool looks great! Also, did you get a TF100 test kit yet? If not, you're going to need it sooner than later! You can find the link in my signature. :goodjob:

If you see water puddling after rain, then I would add one. My pool is in a hill. I've watched it for 2 years now and never had a water issue outside the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.