Raise Ph by aerating. How long to aerate.

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
I did a few quick searches to find out how long to aerate my pool to raise Ph and didn't really see a good answer.

So I'll give my example so maybe it will help others.

My Ph has stayed at 7.5 for weeks. I added 2 pucks the other day while taking a trip and my Ph dropped to 7.2. I like to keep it at 7.5 so I aimed my return jet straight up and left it like that from about 5pm till 7am the next morning.

Ph rose back to 7.5.

So to raise Ph in my size pool from 7.2 to 7.5 I had to aerate for about 14 hours. And I had the return jet pointed up as far as it would go.

Hope this helps somebody...

What is your TA level? If we know that, your observation will be very useful so people can have an answer to "How long will it take?" If it's really high, the pH will rise a whole lot faster than that.

The fourth chart down in this thread shows the rate of CO2 outgassing. Other than seeing that at lower pH and higher TA it speeds up, don't ask me what it all means, it's way above my paygrade!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.