Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raise Ph by aerating. How long to aerate.

1. Back To Top    #1

Raise Ph by aerating. How long to aerate.

I did a few quick searches to find out how long to aerate my pool to raise Ph and didn't really see a good answer.

So I'll give my example so maybe it will help others.

My Ph has stayed at 7.5 for weeks. I added 2 pucks the other day while taking a trip and my Ph dropped to 7.2. I like to keep it at 7.5 so I aimed my return jet straight up and left it like that from about 5pm till 7am the next morning.

Ph rose back to 7.5.

So to raise Ph in my size pool from 7.2 to 7.5 I had to aerate for about 14 hours. And I had the return jet pointed up as far as it would go.

Hope this helps somebody...
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Raise Ph by aerating. How long to aerate.

What is your TA level? If we know that, your observation will be very useful so people can have an answer to "How long will it take?" If it's really high, the pH will rise a whole lot faster than that.

The fourth chart down in this thread shows the rate of CO2 outgassing. Other than seeing that at lower pH and higher TA it speeds up, don't ask me what it all means, it's way above my paygrade!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Raise Ph by aerating. How long to aerate.

When I tested and got the 7.2 reading, my TA was at 100 or 110. It stayed at 110 for a long time then I think when my Ph lowered, my TA also lowered down to 100.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM