How many is too many?

mark-o

Jun 21, 2014
Bossier Louisiana
How many years do y'all get out of a IG vinyl liner? I'm waiting on my THIRD yes third to be made and installed in the last 6 weeks or so. Had one installed the Friday before Memorial Day...tear in seam on steps in less than a week. Liner #2 installed week after Independence Day... Tear in seam on steps 2 inches from last one in 6 days. I'm now waiting on #3 to show up and start the clock on this one. I got 8 years out of the last one now 3 in 2 months, kinda screws the life per year average up huh?

My pool is 11 years old, original liner, never have had any leaks. Does it look new, no, it has faded and has some staining up near the coping but still holds water and doesn't look terrible. Part of the liners life span depends on how you want it to look. I also do not have a liner on my steps or in the swim out. Good luck on your new one, hope you get a long life out of it.

Original owner replaced their liner after 4 years before putting house up for sale. Poll installer said they never had right pool chemicals and it destroyed the liner. We bought the house and have had the same liner for the 14 years we have been in the house. It also is faded in the corners, down at the deep end near the drain, where I stupidly years ago kept pucks in the skimmer and it wrinkled and whitened below it, have several wrinkles from winter heaving, and you can see where heavy rains and a hole last year washed away some of the sand underneath. But it still looks pretty good IMO and doesn't leak, and I know wrinkles and heaving can happen to a brand new liner weeks later. So, I'm hanging onto it as long as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.