Ph problems?

mikethaisun

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2009
North East Thailand
Hello
I have been trying to get an accurate Ph reading. I can get Chlorine readings OK but the colour of the water in the Ph section is always the same colour as the Chlorine sample. I have been adding the maximum amount of Soda Ash to get the correct amount in the pool but still get a yellow colour in the water sample.
The pool water is clear, sparkling and no hint of Algae is apparent but its tastes a little funny, sort of brackish.
Is the test liquid (phenol/) old or do I have more serious problems?
Any help will be appreciated
Regards
Mike

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

So, do you have reason to believe the Phenol Red may be old? It should be ok if it's less than two years old and has been stored inside. If you are still yellow, and the reagent is ok, you simply have low pH still. Have you added acid in the past to adjust the pH, or know if someone else has? What have you used to determine the doses of Soda Ash? If you are using Pool Math from here, be sure the correct volume and other numbers are entered properly.

Sorry to answer you with questions, but lastly, what is the pH of your fill water? Run the same test on it, and tell us how it comes out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.