remove this auto cleaner before shocking... what FC level?

Jun 30, 2008
Pinehurst, NC
The instructions that came with my new automatic pool cleaner say to remove it from the pool before shocking. What does this mean for plastic and rubber parts? We all know that your shock level depends on your CYA level. If I ever have a huge algae problem again and shock it properly, I would of course remove the cleaner while the FC is really high, but when can I put it back in the pool to start cleaning up?

Do I assume this means the generic answer of 10 FC, or can I use the "safe to swim" level of 40% of CYA?

Thanks!

I don't know what the right answer is but I'll tell you what I do. My pool cleaner only goes in the pool when the chlorine is in the safe to swim range. I will use the manual vacuum when I have the chlorine in shock range or my Spring super shock range. The manual vacuum head is cheaper than most parts of my Ray-Vac. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.