The instructions that came with my new automatic pool cleaner say to remove it from the pool before shocking. What does this mean for plastic and rubber parts? We all know that your shock level depends on your CYA level. If I ever have a huge algae problem again and shock it properly, I would of course remove the cleaner while the FC is really high, but when can I put it back in the pool to start cleaning up?
Do I assume this means the generic answer of 10 FC, or can I use the "safe to swim" level of 40% of CYA?