Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: no chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

no chlorine

I have been testing my pool water regularly, however, everytime I test it, its testing that there is NO chlorine in the pool. At first I thought maybe I needed to adjust the CYA as maybe there was none of that in it so it was burning off. But that is not the case, my CYA is where it is supposed to be. What could be causing it to burn off so quickly....do I need a different % of bleach, or is the 2cups+ that the pool math is calling for not enough?

Help I am stumped!!!

Nicole
    Intex 15x48 vinyl pool
    3776 gallons water
    new June 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: no chlorine

Post up the test results.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Nicole,
    it would be useful to have a set of test results. Also, what is the FC level you are trying to keep it at.
    It all ties together and its difficult to give advice without knowing the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nicole View Post
    I have been testing my pool water regularly, however, everytime I test it, its testing that there is NO chlorine in the pool. At first I thought maybe I needed to adjust the CYA as maybe there was none of that in it so it was burning off. But that is not the case, my CYA is where it is supposed to be. What could be causing it to burn off so quickly....do I need a different % of bleach, or is the 2cups+ that the pool math is calling for not enough?

Help I am stumped!!!

Nicole
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Without sounding like a broken record, we need test results. If you do not have a reliable kit, you can look at them here Test Kit Comparison.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter