Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing help with caretaker valve PLEASE

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing help with caretaker valve PLEASE

hi all I am replacing my old caretaker valve with a bluesquare valve but am a little confused on the plumbing.
    I do not have a water feature or spa.

I am not sure why the old one is plumbed in like this
    your help would me most appreciated, thank you

chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    central florida approx 16k gallon IG plaster, Apollo va32 DE filter, sta-rite 1.5hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing help with caretaker valve PLEASE

Hmmm ... apparently there is some bypass to the system that runs to one of the zones all the time. Odd that there would not be a way to adjust the amount of bypass though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Hmmm ... apparently there is some bypass to the system that runs to one of the zones all the time. Odd that there would not be a way to adjust the amount of bypass though.
    Thank you for the timely response!
    would you say that I can just plumb it all in straight then without the tee? or should i reinstall like this with a valve?

thank you

chris
    central florida approx 16k gallon IG plaster, Apollo va32 DE filter, sta-rite 1.5hp

4. Back To Top    #4

I am not qualified to say as I do not understand why it was done in the first place.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I am not qualified to say as I do not understand why it was done in the first place.
    any suggestions on how to proceed? or what to look for?

thanks,

chris

6. Back To Top    #6

What do the instructions for your new valve show? What do the instructions for the the old valve show? That could explain why it was done, assuming you can find the instructions.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

What do the instructions for your new valve show? What do the instructions for the the old valve show? That could explain why it was done, assuming you can find the instructions.
    was trying to convert the file but no luck. both install manuals are very similar. they do show a set up that is almost like this but is for spa/optional return line and has two shut off valves installed. I have only floor heads so dont see how this applies. maybe call bluesquare see if anyone can help

thanks

chris

8. Back To Top    #8

just spoke with blue square and emailed them the pic. i will update when i get a response.

thanks again for the replies,

chris