Plumbing help with caretaker valve PLEASE

Aug 27, 2013
hi all I am replacing my old caretaker valve with a bluesquare valve but am a little confused on the plumbing.
I do not have a water feature or spa.

I am not sure why the old one is plumbed in like this
your help would me most appreciated, thank you:D

chris

Attachments

• 20140724_160043_resized.jpg
    20140724_160043_resized.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 22
Hmmm ... apparently there is some bypass to the system that runs to one of the zones all the time. Odd that there would not be a way to adjust the amount of bypass though.

Hmmm ... apparently there is some bypass to the system that runs to one of the zones all the time. Odd that there would not be a way to adjust the amount of bypass though.

Thank you for the timely response!
would you say that I can just plumb it all in straight then without the tee? or should i reinstall like this with a valve?

thank you

chris

What do the instructions for your new valve show? What do the instructions for the the old valve show? That could explain why it was done, assuming you can find the instructions.

What do the instructions for your new valve show? What do the instructions for the the old valve show? That could explain why it was done, assuming you can find the instructions.

was trying to convert the file but no luck. both install manuals are very similar. they do show a set up that is almost like this but is for spa/optional return line and has two shut off valves installed. I have only floor heads so dont see how this applies. maybe call bluesquare see if anyone can help

thanks

chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.