Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compupool

1. Back To Top    #1

Compupool

I purchased a CPSC-24AG in May 2013. It was replaced 5 times last summer for issues ranging from no display to melting wires on the cell. Finally, Compupool replaced it with a CPX-24AG after waiting almost 4 months for them to get a CPX unit in stock. I installed it the beginning of June and the new unit has had no issues until yesterday. I went out to check the pool and noticed the pump was not running. It trips the GFCI as soon as it is plugged in. I contacted Compupool and they are going to replace the powerpack, but...they don't have any in stock. They possibly may have some in stock sometime in August. I understand all things will have problems, and they have been good at troubleshooting and handling the warranty claims, but their turnaround time takes weeks to months and they rarely have parts on hand. After this, I definitely would have chose a different brand. Looks like I better stock up on the bleach, I'll be needing it for a while.
    24' X 54" Sunburst by Artesian all Resin Above Ground ~ 13,600 Gallons ~ SR Smith Rouge GrandRapids Slide ~ 1 HP SP15922S Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump ~ Hayward 27" S270T Pro Series Sand Filter ~ Compupool CPX24AG ~ Dolphin Supreme M5 ~ TF-100 and SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compupool

Yeah. I understand what you're saying!
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool pilot....
    45'x12' 17k gal, IG plaster, Pool Pilot Nano+ SWG, 1/2hp Whisperflo pump, PAC-FAB TA-60D sand filter, Raypak 266 heater
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = Trouble Free Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Just had a Compupool unit go bad one month shy of warranty expiration. They would do repairs but it would cost me $75 off the bat plus 66% of what they usually bill. They stated none of the repairs would extend the warranty. Given all the talk on this forum here lately, I decided to stop dealing with them and bought a new Circupool SWG.
    16K IG vinyl liner - 2.5 HP Hayward Pump - Hayward Sand Filter - CircuPool Si 30 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Been waiting since the beginning of June for my replacement CPX48 ( cracked cell housing and bad power board). Only got one months use. Works good when it's working but replacement parts have always been a problem with them. My CPSC 48 burned up 3/4 of the season last year and a replacement CPX 48 arrived in February. Took over 5 months to get.
    25000 gal Rectangle IG, Vinyl, SWCG -CircuPool SI45 Plus, Sand Filter, 3/4 hp Pentair pump with US motors echotech EZ variable speed motor

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a cpsc24 that I have had for 3 years now. It has been fine. Don't get the automatic polarity switching thing though. Does not work worth a phooey. I have to clean my cell every couple weeks or it gets caked with white grime (ch). My ch is a bit high and I know it, think this is the issue. Other than that it is fine on a 18,000 gal pool. Ran at 100% for 2+ years. Now use a little LC and backed off to 70%.
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm so glad I got the circupool! Yes it had some issues, but they have all been rectified almost immediately. Super customer service from DSP!
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Timerguy some of Circupool models were made by Compupool.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Not the SI models. The RJ was.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by timerguy View Post
    Not the SI models. The RJ was.
    Who makes the Si model?
    25000 gal Rectangle IG, Vinyl, SWCG -CircuPool SI45 Plus, Sand Filter, 3/4 hp Pentair pump with US motors echotech EZ variable speed motor

11. Back To Top    #11

Circupool-- primarily sold by Discount Salt Pools.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by timerguy View Post
    Circupool-- primarily sold by Discount Salt Pools.
    True but I believe they are still manufactured in Australia by Compupool. Was looking at a SI 60 and was told they are expected to arrive at the end of the month.

13. Back To Top    #13

I have the Circupool Si30+ and have had zero problems so far. Running at about 30% and haven't added bleach yet.
    18,000g AquaLeader Harmony resin round 27' 54" AGP, Pentair EasyClean DE 60, Pentair Optiflo 1.5hp, Circupool Si30+ SWG, TF-100 kit, Dolphin S50 Robotic Cleaner