Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T104R Timer/wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

T104R Timer/wiring

Hi:

I need help with the timer and its wiring. I need to use the timer to turn auto on/off the pump while on vacation but looks like timer is not working (dial is not turning at all) but I can turn it on/off manually. Additionally, the wiring has been altered by previous owner. Since I am new, I am figuring out how to post a photo of the wiring.

thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T104R Timer/wiring

Welcome to TFP.

If you can turn it on and off manually using the manual override on the timer then the clock motor is probably bad. You can just replace the clock motor and it should work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Welcome to TFP.

If you can turn it on and off manually using the manual override on the timer then the clock motor is probably bad. You can just replace the clock motor and it should work.
    Can I buy the clock motor only? How much and where do you recommend?

4. Back To Top    #4

I just found it on amazon for $32 search for t104 pool timer motor. If the whole thing is trashed its less than 80 for a new timer.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum

Looks like you need a timer motor P/N WG1573 https://www.google.com/#q=t104+pool+timer+motor
    The T104 and T104R have the same guts the "R" is just the water resistant case. All the 100 series timers use the same 240 volt timer motor.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ?° too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

dspak77
    Check your PM notifications
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

7. Back To Top    #7

danpik... just replied to your message.

I just bought a new T104M mechaism from home depot. While i was trying to replace it, the old clock motor is 120v (WG-1570) and as i indicated to your PM message there is a extra wire from supply (blue). i do not have any idea what this wire is for??? Additionally, previous owner used only a, 1, and 2. The Pump is A.O Smith, 1 HP, 115/230 volts.

thanks again.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Welcome to TFP.

Isn't that switch there to be able to manually turn it on and off whenever necessary? I'm hoping my clock isn't going bad...
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPad View Post
    Isn't that switch there to be able to manually turn it on and off whenever necessary?
    Yes it's a manual on/off switch to over ride the timer function. Using it and seeing the pump works tells you that the wiring and the contacts are all good and if the timer wheel isn't turning then you ONLY need to replace the timer motor rather than a whole new timer unit.

"The Pump is A.O Smith, 1 HP, 115/230 volts."
    But is it physically wired for 115 or 230 volts ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ?° too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh, I see. I was thinking that if that switch works, then the clock motor was bad. I was like
    Bobby (my pool)
    18,000 gallon in ground/white plaster
    Flotec pump/Aquatech MYB100 single cartridge filter - runs 6 hours/day in evening during summer

11. Back To Top    #11

I think it 115v since the clock motor (WG-1570) is 125v, 60Hz, and 3W.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kiss4afrog View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Looks like you need a timer motor P/N WG1573 https://www.google.com/#q=t104+pool+timer+motor
    The T104 and T104R have the same guts the "R" is just the water resistant case. All the 100 series timers use the same 240 volt timer motor.
    I bought and hooked up T104M (with WG-1573-5E) mechanism but when I took out old mechanism, the old clock motor (WG-1570) says 125v/60Hz/3W. Nevertheless, I proceed to replace old one with the new clock motor to the old mechanism but the dial still was not turning/moving at all. Looks like I need to buy 125v, WG1570 clock motor. Please let me know this is corret assumption before I buy it.

Appreciate your response.