Intex 16'x42'x42"

Jul 23, 2014
Hello all. My wife and i purchased an intex monster, we are not new to pools really as we've had an inground 15k gallons and above ground round 5k gallons. We have finally settled in the home we will occupy until we make the retirement jump to Hawaii so...........heres what we've done so far ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406169056.978985.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406169070.108789.jpgdecided to "sink" 22" in the ground and deck the perimeter all the way up to the house,added salt water set up, we've always had pucks, looking into propane heater (pool will never be taken down, yeah Texas) my wife has voted and won on making a pergola for the cover (really IS that a cover?) it all has gone together nicely, boy did we get a kick out of the 2 skinny cute models they had on the video putting together the pool: yes we merely watched for fun lol. A little back ground on me I'm a custom builder/remodeler, tattooer, hot rodder, musician and now middle aged, so i tend to think things through a little better now;) well the ground was so tough it almost killed the little excavator, got it super duper "darn did he use a laser" level and **** it rained the day after it filled (14326 gallons) i never get rain at my house, well people it sunk because omg it rained. This pool is way heavy. Intex says use wood or pavers for the bracings, no, the way i see it thats going to trash the vinyl straps. Cant do it. Heres what I'm going to do after this season: re-level area, plastic whole area lay 2x6x20 every 4' 4x8x5/8" sheets on top of that with indoor outdoor carpet for cushion to make a "platform" that will evenly distribute this monster weight of 119,335.58# and yes i did install french drains :) any and all comments are welcome i love to post and take pics so............more to come. EDIT: 52" deep. Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you didn't see in that video were the weight lifters off camera pushing those top rails in while the models looked pretty LOL

Also don't know about you but did you also notice that they had no wind! Not like our install - Kansas like Texas has the ever present breeze or law furniture moving wind.

On our 16X32X52 we did put treated wood under each arm so that they didn't dig into the ground (the boards dug in so that they are level with the ground). That helped our sinking problem we had and the straps aren't stressed. It's been up two years now with those boards and everything is looking good. You can see some air between the ground and some of the straps. We had trouble with "varmits" digging under the straps on the side showing in this picture - we are talking HUGE toads, lizards, etc.

You'll LOVE the salt setup ... pretty easy IMO to maintain perfect levels following the folks here. I highly recommend the AquaCheck salt testing strips and the TF-100 testing kit --nothing else compares to their accuracy.

Diane

Attachments

• 7-24-2014 7-31-43 AM.jpg
    7-24-2014 7-31-43 AM.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 67
What you didn't see in that video were the weight lifters off camera pushing those top rails in while the models looked pretty LOL

Also don't know about you but did you also notice that they had no wind! Not like our install - Kansas like Texas has the ever present breeze or law furniture moving wind.

On our 16X32X52 we did put treated wood under each arm so that they didn't dig into the ground (the boards dug in so that they are level with the ground). That helped our sinking problem we had and the straps aren't stressed. It's been up two years now with those boards and everything is looking good. You can see some air between the ground and some of the straps. We had trouble with "varmits" digging under the straps on the side showing in this picture - we are talking HUGE toads, lizards, etc.

You'll LOVE the salt setup ... pretty easy IMO to maintain perfect levels following the folks here. I highly recommend the AquaCheck salt testing strips and the TF-100 testing kit --nothing else compares to their accuracy.

Diane

Good info thnx. Texas and Kansas weather if you don't like it give it 10 minutes and it will change ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.