Preventing Moisture in my Intex Cartridge Filter during the rain

Jul 23, 2014
LAWRENCE
What do I need to do with my Intex Cartridge Filter during the rain? I recently bought the Summer Escapes pool, and thefilter that came with that pool, tripped out during a rain storm and I canno get it working again. So I bought the Intex Cartridge filter. But I cannot find anything that says what to do during the rain. The pump sits on the ground as well as the plug. So as of right now I have the power plug in a bucket covered (not tightly so air can circulate. And the filter pump itself is wrapped under a tarp. Is this okay to do so it doesn't get soaked in the rain? Or is there something else I should do. I don't want to loose another pump. But I don't want it to mess up due to being wrapped and covered either!!! Please help :confused:

My Intex cartridge filter spent 1-1/2 summers out in the elements unprotected with no issues. The outlet I plug it into has a weather proof cover. I upgraded to an Intex sand filter that has been out in the elements unprotected since then, no issues with it either.

I ran Intex cartridge filters for 3 years and never lost one. I did however set them up on a cement block. I had the plug set on a 2x4. No Issues except having to clean the cartridges all the time. I Love my sand filter!!

Awesome thanks. I can definitely see the difference in quality with the Intex Filter compared to the one that came with the Summer Escapes pool. Unfortunately my outside plug is all the way on the other side of the house. So I have it plugged into an Outdoor Industrial Extension cord and plugged into the mud room outlet, causing the power outlets to be on the ground. But I have found a convenient method of having it off the ground. So you both leavthe filter pump and the power outlet exposed to all elements? And is it ok to run the filter while it is raining?

My extension cord ran to a part of the yard that was not used. So no one was near it in the rain. I never had any problems with it. However I live in the desert so they only got really "rained on" maybe 3 times a year. And if YOUR extension cord is plugged into the mudroom you could just unplug it there when you had bad showers.
Yes I ran mine in the rain (that doesnt make it officially "OK" to do it) but I did do that.

So pretty much I shouldn't have anything to worry about! The last one I had out and we had heavy heavy rains for a couple days. And when I went to turn it on it just wouldn't run. So I stuck the motor in rice for a few days and still nothing. Then I took apart the outlet box and saw there was moisture in there, so I submerged that in rice for a few and still nothing. So I am not really sure what happened, but I did read on the plug itself that it shouldn't get wet!!! So I am happy to hear these reviews. I am actually currently waiting for our new Intex Metal frame 15 x 48 to come in soon!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.