Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taking a bath and using body soap, in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1
    Huntington Beach, CA

Taking a bath and using body soap, in the pool

I'm not sure what category this falls into.... but my husband has been using our swimming pool as a super-sized bathtub. Oh yeah really cute, at first, but its not just once in a while anymore. Its 3 times this week, so far, and I'm starting to worry. Not about him (should I?) but the pool. He uses his Old Spice body soap then rinses off really well, in the pool water. I've asked him to stop doing this. Several times. But he says he won't and that I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I think if I have some facts to present to him regarding possible consequences to this mis-use of the pool, he may reconsider. Please help me!
    10,000 gallon Pebble Fina Grigio, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE filter, WhisperFlo Dual Speed 3/4 HP pump, IntelliBrite LED Light, The PoolCleaner, 8 gal Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Taking a bath and using body soap, in the pool

There was a post where a grandparent was doing this, try to search.

Certainly not good and it is gross.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Orlando, FL

The pool is not a magical place where everything just disappears. The dirt, soap, and everything else remains for a while. Probably will start to impact your chemical balance very quickly too. Tell him to go soak in your bathwater after you finish-same concept. Good luck with this...
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4
    Houston, Texas

It is probably raising your chlorine demand, but since you have a liquidator you may not notice the rise. Sounds kind of gross but it probably doesn't hurt anything. Here is a similar problem with someone shampooing in the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Sunny SoCal

I usually rinse off with the outdoor shower or go inside to get all the excess chlorine off my body. How does he not get itchy?
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #6

Peoria, IL

Keep the chlorine at shock level and poke him with a pin repeatedly in the middle of the night. He will stop. 😳
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois