Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

joedoe

Oct 19, 2013
pittsburgh pa
By the by, if you have an automation system it normally takes care of turning off the SWG when the pump is not running.

I have the suntouch automation unit with an aquariteSWG and intelliflo pump. I have really struggled with the suntouch trying to get all the speeds, aux (s) and circuits worked out but I think I may have figured it out with the forum's help.

However, I notice when the pump is off the SWG has blinking light for no flow. is this the automation system 'turning off' the SWG? I am assuming the turning off means not generating chlorine, because the machine stays on. ( I know it probably seems like a silly question, but that's they way I roll, and I don't want to damage my newly purchased equipment.)

thanks

Re: Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

:bump: for a response. :goodjob:

Re: Intelliflo pump and intellichlor SWG - How to turn SWG on & off without common ti

The SWG should be wired to the pump relay, so that the SWG is only powered on when the pump is running. The flow switch is taking care of this for the moment, but flow switches are not considered reliable enough for long term safety.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.